Class 5 | English Textbook | BEGINNERS' ENGLISH - V | Lesson 4 : The Stork and the fox

✴️ Page No. 51

ACTIVITIES

1. Let's see how much we have understood. Choose the correct answer:
   a) The fox invited the stork for
    Ans: i) lunch

    b) The stork requested the fox to serve
    his food in
    Ans: iii) a pot

    c) The stork served the food in
    Ans: i) a pot

    d) The fox could not eat the meal
    served by the stork because
    Ans: iv) the pot in which the food was
    served had a long and thin neck

✴️ Page No: 52

2. Write the answers:
    a) Who invited the stork for lunch?
    Ans: The fox invited the stork for lunch.

    b) What was the utensil in which the
    fox served the meal?
    Ans: The utensil was a plate on which
    the fox served the meal.

    c) Why didn't the stork respond to the
    fox's request?
    Ans: The stork didn't respond to the
    fox's request because he had not
    responded his request earlier.

3. Read the meal timetable of the stork:
    a) At what time does the stork have
    his lunch?
    Ans: The stork has his lunch at
    1:00 p.m..

    b) What does the stork have at 8:30
    a.m.?
    Ans: The stork has his breakfast at
    8:30 a.m.

4. Work in pairs:
    Ask each other the following questions about your favourite dish.
          a) What is your favourite dish?
          Ans: My favourite dish is fish curry.

          b) Who cooks it for you?
          Ans: My mother cooks it for me.

          c) What ingredients are used to
          make it?
          Ans: The ingredients used to make
          it are fish, water, salt, masala, onion
          chilly, tomatoes, black paper etc.

          d) Why do you like it?
          Ans: I like it because of two reasons
          - smelling nice and tasting delicious

✴️ Page No: 53

6. Work in pairs and invitation and requests using the clues in the brackets:
    a) Will you .....................(give, pen)?
    Ans: Will you please give me your pen?

    b) Would you ...(like, some chocolate)?
    Ans: Would you like to have some
    chocolate?

    c) Could you ........(come, my house)?
    Ans: Could you come to my house for
    lunch today?

    d) May I ...............(play, you)?
    Ans: May I play with you?

✴️Page No. 55
8. Let's see how much we have understood:
    a) Who visited whom and on what
    occasion?
    Ans: Bina and Rohit, along with their
    parents visited their uncle's house on
    Magh Bihu.

    b) What are the people in the picture
    doing?
    Ans: Bina and Rohit, along with their
    parents are eating tasty pithas and
    larus. Their uncle and aunt are serving
    them.

    c) What did Bina's aunt say to Bina?
    Ans: Bina's aunt said to Bina to take
    some more ghila pithas.

    d) What did Bina's uncle offer to his
    brother?
    Ans: Bina's uncle offered a kilo of gur
    to his brother.

9. Answer the following questions in a serial order to complete the narration of a recent visit you made to your's relative place:
    a) Where did you go and when?
    Ans: Recently I visited Sivasagar.

    b) Who did you visit and with whom?
    Ans: I visited my uncle's house with my
    parents.

    c) How did the host behave when he/
    she saw you?
    Ans: The host behaved politely and
    welcome us warmly.

    d) What did you do there?
    Ans: I played with cousin, visited
    historical places and had a lot of fun.

    e) What did you talk about?
    Ans: I talked about the historical places
    briefly.

    f) What did you eat?
    Ans: I ate many delicious dishes.

    g) Did you like the food and why?
    Ans: Yes, I enjoyed the food. Because
    all are delicious and healthy.

    h) How did you feel?
    Ans: I felt so happy. I expressed my
    desire to visit the place again. Even I
    caught some wonderful moments on
    my camera.

14. Find words ending with 'ly' from the
words grid below:

    🔸 Q U I E T L Y
    🔸 L O U D L Y
    🔸 S L O W L Y
    🔸 H A P P I L Y
    🔸 S O F T L Y

15. Write in the oval Below the name of a
festival that you celebrate:

    🔹 Durga Puja
    🔹 Christmas
    🔹 Id
    🔹 Bihu

Pick up any four points related to the festival from the box below and complete
the word web with appropriate words.

 

✴️ To Join Our Educational WhatsApp Group Or Stay Updated Just Type Your Name, Class, Gender And Designation And SMS to 7896470664.✴️

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you so much it help me more nd more