Class 12 | English Grammar | RG's Question Bank (xii) | Correct Tense Forms | Additional Important Questions

    1. I (see) him a week ago.
    Ans: I saw him a week ago.

    2. The boy (sleep), don't disturb him.
    Ans: The boy is sleeping, don't disturb
    him.

    3. His father (die) before the doctor
    arrived.
    Ans: His father had died before the
    doctor arrived.

    4. I (work) on this project for the last
    two years.
    Ans: I have been working on this
    project for the last two years.

    5. When we went to him, he (teach) his
    students.
    Ans: When we went to him, he was
    teaching his students.

    6. If I (be) you, I would not do that.
    Ans: If I were you, I would not do that.

    7. He (come) here every Monday.
    Ans: He comes here every Monday.

    8. Mr. Sharma (leave) for Europe last
    Friday.
    Ans: Mr. Sharma left for Europe last
    Friday.

    9. The train (start) at nine O'clock each
    morning.
    Ans: The train starts at nine O'clock
    each morning.

    10. Ram went out after he (lock) the
    door.
    Ans: Ram went out after he had locked
    the door.

    11. He behaved as though he (be) mad.
    Ans: He behaved as though he were
    mad.

    12. Amal (do) this work for six months.
    Ans: Amal has been doing this work for
    six months.

    13. They (go) to the theatre to-night.
    Ans: They are going to the theatre to
    night.

    14. He (stay) here until you return.
    Ans: He will stay here until you return.

    15. I (know) him for a long time.
    Ans: I have known him for a long time.

    16. The light went out while I (read) a
    newspaper.
    Ans: The light went out while I was
    reading a newspaper.

    17. I (write) the letter before he arrived.
    Ans: I had written the letter before he
    arrived.

    18. They (play) since four O'clock.
    Ans: They have been playing since four
    O'clock.

    19. I shall telephone you when he
    (come) back.
    Ans: I shall telephone you when he
    comes back.

    20. If I weren't so tired, I (go) for a walk
    with you.
    Ans: I weren't so tired, I would go for a
    walk with you.

    21. Many people (kill) in the last World
    War.
    Ans: Many people were killed in the last
    World War.

    22. I (have) my hair cut whenever it
    gets too long.
    Ans: I do have my hair cut whenever it
    gets too long.

    23. You (play) with dolls when you were
    a little girl.
    Ans: You were playing with dolls when
    you were a little girl.

    24. They just (arrive) from New York.
    Ans: They have just arrived from New
    York.

    25. We (wait) on the platform since
    three O'clock.
    Ans: We have been waiting on the
    platform since three O'clock.

    26. The water in the pond (freeze) last
    night.
    Ans: The water in the pond freezed last
    night.

    27. You ever (read) 'War and Peace"?
    Ans: Have you ever read 'War and
    Peace"?

    28. Wood always (float).
    Ans: Wood always floats.

    29. You (enjoy) your English class
    today?
    Ans: Did you enjoy your English class
    today?

    30. My aunt Jane (hate) girls who made
    up.
    Ans: My aunt Jane hated girls who
    made up.

    31. How often you (go) to the theatre
    when you were in London?
    Ans: How often did you go to the
    theatre when you were in London?

    32. You ever (be) to London?
    Ans: Have you ever been to London?

    33. We already (have) breakfast.
    Ans: We already have had breakfast.

    34. John (pass) the post office on his
    way to work everyday.
    Ans: John passes the post office on
    his way to work everyday.

    35. She (talk) to her neighbour when
    the baby began to cry.
    Ans: She was talking her neighbour
    when the baby began to cry.

    36. The baby (cry) because it is hungry.
    Ans: The baby is crying because it is
    hungry.

    37. He (kill) in the battle last year.
    Ans: He was killed in the battle last
    year.

    38. We reached the station after the
    train (leave)
    Ans: We reached the station after the
    train had left.

    39. As he (cross) the road, a car
    knocked him down.
    Ans: As he crossed the road, a car
    Knocked him down.

    40. She (be) in Delhi since 1990.
    Ans: She has been in Delhi since 1990.

    41. If you (try) hard, you would have
    succeeded.
    Ans: If you had tried hard, you would
    have succeeded.

    42. He behaved as though he (be) mad.
    Ans: He behaved as though he were
    mad.

    43. What you (do) since this morning?
    Ans: What have you been doing since
    this morning?

    44. I (see) him a week ago.
    Ans: I saw him a week ago.

    45. If the baby is a girl we (go) to call
    her Radha.
    Ans: If the baby is a girl we are going to
    call her Radha.

    46. He (fly) a kite.
    Ans: He is flying a kite.

    47. We (not see) Padma for several
    months.
    Ans: We have not seen Padma for
    several months.

    48. It (rain) since early morning.
    Ans: It has been raining since early
    morning.

    49. I (buy) a new bicycle last week.
    Ans: I bought a new bicycle last week.

    50. If you (try) hard, you would have
    succeeded.
    Ans: If you had tried hard, you would
    have succeeded.

    51. I assure that I (shall) help you.
    Ans: I assure that I shall help you.

    52. He usually (go) to bed at 10 p.m.
    Ans: He usually goes to bed at 10 pm.

    53. She (read) a novel when I went to
    their home.
    Ans: She was reading a novel when I
    went to their home.

    54. He (kill) in the battle last year.
    Ans: He was killed in the battle last
    year.

    56. You (wash) your hands before
    every meal?
    Ans: Do you wash your hands before
    every meal?

    57. I wish I (be) a king.
    Ans: I wish I were a king.

    58. He (stay) here until you return.
    Ans: He will stay here until you return.

    59. If it (rain) I shall not go out.
    Ans: If it rains, I shall not go out.

    60. Mr. Saikia (leave) for Delhi last year.
    Ans: Mr Saikia left for Delhi last year.

    61. As he (cross) the road, a car
    knocked him down.
    Ans: As he crossed the road, a car
    knocked him down.

    62. She (be) in Delhi since 1990.
    Ans: She has been in Delhi since 1990.

    63. It was very cold this morning, but
    the sun (shine) now.
    Ans: It was very cold this morning, but
    the sun is shining now.

    64. He suddenly realised that he (leave)
    the purse in the bus.
    Ans: He suddenly realised that he had
    left the purse in the bus.

    65. He behaved as though he (be) a
    king.
    Ans: He behaved as though he were
    a king.

    66. He (visit) many towns before he
    returned home.
    Ans: He had visited many towns before
    he returned home.

    67. If he (come) I shall go out.
    Ans: If he comes, I shall go out.

    68. If I (be) a bird!
    Ans: If I were a bird.

    69. It (rain) since the dawn.
    Ans: It has been raining since the
    dawn.

    70. Fifty rupees (be) too much for this
    article.
    Ans: Fifty rupees is too much for this
    article.

    71. He (swim) across the channel.
    Ans: He swam across the channel.

    72. He said that he (read) Milton when
    he was at school.
    Ans: He said that he had read Milton
    when he was at school.

    73. No sooner (have) I reached the
    station than the train left.
    Ans: No sooner had I reached the
    station than the train left.

    74. She (tear) up the letter and left the
    room.
    Ans: She torn up the letter and left the
    room.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

ramiz said…
This is highly informatics. crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things.
jaiib exam date 2020
Unknown said…
where can i get the additional 75 to 107
Horeram Tanti said…
Thanks for your compliment..
Horeram Tanti said…
It will be posted here soon..
Unknown said…
It is very much helpful to us, thank you for your support.
Unknown said…
Please inform me about the rests