Class 9 | English Grammar | NARRATION | RG's Question Bank 2019|

Change the form of narration:

1.    (a) The teacher said to me, "What are
       you doing?"
       Ans : The teacher asked me what I
       was doing.

       (b) The master ordered his servant to
       leave the room.
       Ans : The master said to his servant,
      "Leave the room."

2.    (a) "Will you do this for me?" I said to
       him."
       Ans :I asked him if he would do that
       for me.

       (b) He told me that he had seen me
       the day before.
       Ans : He said to me, "I saw you
       yesterday."

3.    (a) The teacher said to me, "Why are
       you late today?"
       Ans : The teacher asked me why I
       was late that day.

       (b) Mother asked me not to mix up
       with Raju.
       Ans : Mother said to me, "Do not mix
       up with Raju.

4.    (a) He said, "I shall post the letter
       tomorrow."
       Ans : He said that he would post the
       letter the day after.

       (b) I asked him if he was ill.
       Ans : I said to him, "Are you I'll?"

5.    (a) The teacher said to the student,
       "What is your name?"
       Ans : The teacher asked the student
       what his name was.

       (b) "I know you well", the man said to
       me.
       Ans : The man told me that he knew
       me well.

6.    (a) He asked me what I was doing
       there.
       Ans : He said to me, "What are you
       doing here?"

       (b) Biju said to Raju, "Will you give me
       your pen?"
       Ans : Biju asked Raju if he would give
       him his pen.

7.    (a) Father advised me not to tell a lie.
       Ans : Father said to me, "Do not tell a
       lie."

       (b) Anil said, "I made some money
       yesterday."
       Ans: Anil said that he had made some
       money the day before.

8.    (a) The man asked the boy if he was
       a student.
       Ans : The man said to the boy, "Are
       you a student?"

       (b) Mina asked me why I was running.
       Ans : Mina said to me, "Why are you
       running?"

9.    (a) Father said to me, "Go home at
       once."
       Ans : Father told me to go home at
       once.

       (b) Anil asked Hari Singh if he could
       cook.
       Ans : Anil said to Hari Singh, "Can you
       cook?"

10. (a) He said to me, "I saw you
       yesterday."
       Ans : He told me that he had seen me
       the day before.

       (b) She said that she would not go
       home.
       Ans: She said, "I shall not go home."

11. (a) The doctor advised the patient to
       take rest.
       Ans : The doctor said to the patient,
       "Take rest."

       (b) I asked him if he would lend me
       his book.
       Ans : I said to him, "Will you lend me
       your book?"

12. (a) I asked the man where he lived.
       Ans : I said to the man, "Where do you
       live?"

       (b) I said to him, "I visited Delhi last
       year."
       Ans : I told him that I had visited Delhi
       last year.

13. (a) The teacher ordered the boys to
       stop talking.
       Ans : The teacher said to the boys,
       "Stop talking."

       (b) Kamal said to his sister, "Why are
       you laughing?"
       Ans : Kamal asked his sister Why she
       was laughing.

14. (a) The girl said to me, "Take care of
       your health."
       Ans : The girl told me to take care of
       my health.

       (b) He asked me what my name was.
       Ans : He said to me, "What is your
       name?"

15. (a) Rina said, "I have finished my
       work."
       Ans : Rina said that she had finished
       her work.

       (b) Mother said to me, "Shut the door."
       Ans : Mother told me to shut the door.

16. (a) The woman said to me, "Are you
       ill?"
       Ans : The woman asked me if I was ill.

       (b) The man said to me, "Do you play
       football?"
       Ans : The man asked me if I played
       football.

17. (a) He said that he had bought that
       car the day before.
       Ans : He said, "I bought this car
       yesterday?"

       (b) He said to me, "What are you
       doing here now?"
       Ans : He asked me what I was doing
       there then.

18. (a) He said to me, "What is the matter
       with you?"
       Ans : He asked me what the matter
       was  with me.

       (b) I replied that I was afraid of him.
       Ans : I said, "Are you afraid of me?"

19. (a) Rajib asked me where my book
       was.
       Ans : Rajib said to me, "Where is your
       book?"

       (b) He said to me, "God is Almighty."
       Ans : He told me that God is Almighty.

20. (a) He asked me if I could help him.
       Ans : He said to me, "Can you help
       me?"

       (b) The teacher said to me, "Don't
       waste your time."
       Ans : The teacher told me not to
       waste my time.

21. (a) He asked me where I lived.
       Ans : He said to me, "Where do you
       live?"

       (b) She said to me, "I do not know
       you."
       Ans : She told me that she did not
       know me.

22. (a) He said to me, "May God bless
       you."
       Ans : He prayed that God might bless
       me.

       (b) Ramen told that he had lost his
       pen the day before.
       Ans : Ramen said, "I lost my pen
       yesterday."

23. (a) She said to me, "Where do you
       live?"
       Ans : She asked me where I lived.

       (b) Rita said, "I can not remember
       where I have kept the gold chain."
       Ans : Rita said that she could not
       remember where she had kept the
       gold chain.

24. (a) Father said to me, "Are you reading
       your lessons?"
       Ans :Father asked me if I was reading
       my lessons.

       (b) The boy said to me, "Please shut
       the door."
       Ans : The boy requested me to shut
       the door.

25. (a) Ram said that man is mortal.
       Ans : Ram said, "Man is mortal."

       (b) The old lady said, "Alas! I am
       undone."
       Ans : The old lady exclaimed with
       sorrow that she was undone.

26. (a) The girl said that she had done the
       work.
       Ans : The girl said, "I have done the
       work."

       (b) They said to us, "Let us go out for
       a walk."
       Ans : They proposed to us that we
       should go out for a walk.

27. (a) Arun says, "I know how to play
       football."
       Ans : Arun says that he knows how to
       play football.

       (b) Raja said to Rahim, "When did you
       see her last?"
       Ans : Raja asked Rahim when he had
       seen her last.

28. (a) The boys said that they were
       playing football then.
       Ans : The boys said, "We are playing
       football now."

       (b) She proposed that we should go
       for a walk.
       Ans : She said, "Let us go for a walk."

29. (a) He said that he had come the
       previous day.
       Ans : He said, "I came yesterday."

       (b) Amal said to me, "Are you really
       happy?"
       Ans : Amal asked me if I was really
       happy.

30. (a) Sumita said that she had sung a
       song in the meeting the day before.
       Ans : Sumita said, "I sang a song in
       the meeting yesterday."

       (b) Atul said to me, "I bought a new
       camera yesterday."
       Ans : Atul told me that he had bought
       a new camera the day before.

31. (a) The Principal said to me, "When
       did you go to Delhi?"
       Ans : The Principal asked me when I
       had gone to Delhi.

       (b) My mother said that kindness is a
       great virtue.
       Ans : My mother said, "Kindness is a
       great virtue."

32. (a) He said to us, "I didn't come here
       yesterday."
       Ans : He told us that he had not gone
       there the day before.

       (b) "Don't make a noise," said the
       teacher.
       Ans : The teacher told not to make a
       noise.

33. (a) Mother said to me, "Come here."
       Ans : Mother told me to go there.

       (b) Uncle wished that I might succeed
       in my business.
       Ans : Uncle said to me, "May you
       succeed in your business."

34. (a) I asked Rita what she was doing.
       Ans : I said to Rita, "What are you
       doing?"

       (b) My friend told me that he was very
       thirsty.
       Ans : My friend said to me, "I am very
       thirsty."

35. (a) I asked my friend why he looked
       so sad.
       Ans : I said to my friend, "Why do you
       look so sad?"

       (b) Peter said, "I've just bought a car."
       Ans : Peter said that he had just
       bought a car.

36. (a) The Principal advised the pupils
       not to run in the sun.
       Ans : The Principal said to the pupils,
       "Do not run in the sun."

       (b) Kamal said to his sister, "Why are
       you laughing?"
       Ans : Kamal asked his sister why she
       was laughing.

37. (a) The girl said to me, "Take care of
       your health."
       Ans : The girl told me to take care of
       my health.

       (b) I forbade him to invite his uncle to
       the meeting.
       Ans : I said to him, "Do not invite your
       uncle to the meeting."

38. (a) Namrata said to me, "Would you
       like to dance with me?"
       Ans : Namrata asked me if I would
       like to dance with her.

       (b) Anupam demanded us thirty
       thousand rupees for singing in the
       function.
       Ans : Anupam said to us, " Give thirty
       thousand rupees for singing in the
       function."

39. (a) Pratik said to me, "I can easily cure
       the patient."
       Ans : Pratik told me that he could
       easily cure the patient.

      (b) I replied that he is a liar.
       Ans : I said, "You are a liar."

40. (a) Madhusmita said to her teacher,
       "Please teach me for a month."
       Ans : Madhusmita requested her
       teacher to teach her for a month.

       (b) The teacher said to her, "I have no
       time to teach you."
       Ans : The teacher told her that he had
       no time to teach her.

41. (a) We exclaimed with sorrow that we
       could not visit the dying man.
       Ans : We said, "Alas! we can not visit
       the dying man."

       (b) The man said to his sons, "Unity is
       strength."
       Ans : The man told his sons that unity
       is strength.

42. (a) The Prime Minister said, "I need
       five years more to make India a rich
       country."
       Ans : The Prime Minister said that he
       needed five years more to make India
       a rich country.

       (b) The opposition party said that he
       was telling a lie.
       Ans : The opposition party said, "He is
       telling a lie."

43. (a) The doctor said, "There is no
       remedy to cure this disease."
       Ans : The doctor said that there was
       no remedy to cure that disease.

       (b) The master ordered his servant to
       be quite.
       Ans : The master said to his servant,
       "Be quite."

44. (a) The thief said to the policeman,
       "You are a bigger thief than myself."
       Ans : The thief told the policeman
       that he was a bigger thief than
       himself.

       (b) The leader said that police had got
       licence to rob common people.
       Ans : The leader said, "Police has got
       licence to rob common people."

45. (a) Parmod said to me, "Beware of
       police when it is night."
       Ans : Parmod told me to beware of
       police when it was night.

       (b) I replied that I did not go out at
       night.
       Ans : I said, "I do not go out at night."

46. (a) Paramananda was shouting for
       help.
       Ans : Paramananda said, "Help me."

       (b) My mother said, "We should help
       him."
       Ans : My mother said that we should
       help him.

47. (a) Bipul said to me, "A coward has no
       right to live."
       Ans : Bipul told me that a coward had
       no right to live.

       (b) I said to him that he was partly
       right.
       Ans : I said to him, "You are partly
       right."

48. (a) Uncle said to me, "Study with full
       concentration."
       Ans : Uncle advised me to study with
       full concentration."

       (b) I said to him that I would be a
       good teacher.
       Ans : I said to him, "I shall be a good
       teacher.'

49. (a) Jaymati welcomed me to the
       party.
       Ans : Jaymati said to me, "Welcome
       to the party."

       (b) Jyoti Prasad said, "I have written a
       new play."
       Ans : Jyoti Prasad said that he had
       written a new play.

50. (a) Dipen thanked me.
       Ans : Dipen said to me, "Thank you."

       (b) I said to him, "I shall do hard
       labour to be a good and intelligent
       boy."
       Ans : I told him that I would do hard
       labour to be a good and intelligent
       boy.

51. (a) He said to me, "I saw you
       yesterday."
       Ans : He told me that he had seen me
       the previous day.

       (b) Father said to me, "Don't tell a lie."
       Ans : Father advised me not to tell a
       lie.

       (c) I asked Rita what she was doing.
       Ans : I said to Rita, "What are you
       doing?"

       (d) The saint said, "Kindness is a
       great virtue."
       Ans : The saint said that kindness is a
       great virtue.

52. (a) Jolly said to me, "I wanted to meet
       you yesterday."
       Ans : Jolly told me that he had
       wanted to meet me the day before.

       (b) I asked Rajiv how he was that day.
       Ans : I said to Rajiv, "How are you
       today?"

53. (a) He said, "What are you doing here,
       Mina?"
       Ans : He asked Mina what she was
       doing there.

       (b) She said that she would return the
       book next day.
       Ans : She said, "I shall return the book
       tomorrow."

       (c) The teacher said to us, "Don't
       neglect your study."
       Ans : The teacher advised us not to
       neglect our study.

54. (a) Rajesh says, "I have done it."
       Ans : Rajesh says that he has done
       that.

       (b) The teacher advised me to read
       attentively.
       Ans : The teacher said to me, "Read
       attentively."

       (c) He said to me, "My mother is
       suffering from diarrhoea."
       Ans : He told me that his mother was
       suffering from diarrhoea.

       (d) Julius Caesar said that he was not
       a coward.
       Ans : Julius Caesar said, "I am not a
       coward."

📔 Assamese Grammar :-
        👉 বিপৰীত শব্দ
        👉 সমাৰ্থক শব্দ
        👉 সমাস
        👉 সন্ধি

📔 Hindi Grammar :
        📚 विपरीतार्थक या विलोम शब्द

📔 English Grammar :
         📚 Vocabulary (i)
         📚 Vocabulary (ii)
         📚 Preposition (i)
         📚 Preposition (ii)
         📚 Determiner (i)
         📚 Determiner (ii)
         📚 Narration (i)
         📚 Narration (ii)
         📚 Voice for class 9 (i)
         📚 Tense Form.
         📚 Synthesis/Combine Sentence (i)
         📚 Synthesis/Combine Sentence (ii)
         📚 Reading comprehension
                    1. The great advantage of
                       early ..........

Post a Comment

23 Comments

Unknown said…
The teacher wanted to know what the matter was.(sir, please change the narration)
Horeram Tanti said…
The teacher said,"What is the matter?"
Horeram Tanti said…
You are most welcome...
Unknown said…
The teacher wanted to know/asked what the matter was.
Unknown said…
Please provide translation also
༺₦ї₦ℑ₳༻ gamer said…
Sir it is very thankful ��
Horeram Tanti said…
Will be provided soon.
Horeram Tanti said…
You are most welcome.
Horeram Tanti said…
Try to share with others.
Unknown said…
When will translation of class 9 rg question bank be provided?
Unknown said…
Can u provide class 9 translation
Unknown said…
Sir 16 (a) instead of (told me)
can I write (asked me. )
Horeram Tanti said…
Yes, you can write asked me also.
Unknown said…
Thanks you sir for the answers. No other site provides question bank answers only this site. Thank you ☺️ sir. Very helpfull site. Sir keep it up. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🔥🔥🔥🔥👍
Unknown said…
Sir what is the name of the book
Horeram Tanti said…
RG'S QUESTION BANK 2019 (IX)
Unknown said…
Sir please give translation
Rajdeep said…
Translation please