Class 10 Grammar - NARRATION - QUESTION BANK 2019

Last Updated In 02/12/2018

1.    (i) He said, "Where does the man
        live?
       Ans : He asked where the man lived.

       (ii) I replied that I did not know.
       Ans : I said, "I don't know."

2.    (i) The man said to me, "Do you play
        tennis?"
       Ans : The man asked me if I played
       tennis?"

       (ii) I replied that I did not.
       Ans : I said, "I do not."

3.    (i) The man said to me, "Are you a
        student?"
       Ans : The man asked me if I was a
       student.

       (ii) I replied that I was not.
       Ans : I said, "I am not."

4.    (i) He said to me, "Where is your
        book?"
       Ans : He asked me where my book
       was.

       (ii) I replied that I had lost that.
       Ans : I said, " I have lost this."

5.    (i) He said to me, "Why did you do it?"
       Ans : He asked me where I did that.

       (ii) I replied that I had not done that.
       Ans : I said, "I have not done this."

6.    (i) He said to me, "I know you."
        Ans : He told me that he knew me.
       (ii) He asked me if I could help him.
       Ans : He said to me, "Can you help
       me?"

7.    (i) My friends tell me, "You will be a
       great man one day."
       Ans : My friends tell me that I will be a
       great man one day.

       (ii) The teacher advised Reba not to
       waste her time.
       Ans : The teacher said to Reba, "Do
       not waste your time."

8.    (i) He said, "I shall post the letter
        tomorrow."
       Ans : He said that he would post the
       letter the day after.

       (ii) The boy asked me if I knew him.
       Ans : The boy said to me, "Do you
       know me?"

9.    (i) I said to him, "Where are you going
        at this time?"
       Ans : I asked him where he was going
       at that time.

       (ii) He told me that he would return
       my book the next day.
       Ans : He said to me, "I shall return
       your book tomorrow."

10.  (i) Minati said to me, "My father has
        gone to Shillong."
       Ans : Minati told me that her father
       had gone to Shillong.

       (ii) The man asked me if I was free at
        that time.
       Ans : The man said to me, "Are you
       free at this time?"

11.  (i) He said to me, "Where did you go
        yesterday?"
       Ans : He asked me where I had gone
       the day before.

       (ii) My brother asked him if he played
        football.
       Ans : My brother said to him, "Do you
       play football ?"

12.  (i) Father said to me, "Do as I do?"
       Ans : Father advised me to do as he
       did.

       (ii) She asked me if I could show him
       the way to the post office.
       Ans : She said to me, "Can you show
       me the way to post office?"

       (iii) He suggested that we should go
       for a walk.
       Ans : He said, "Let us go for a walk."

13.  (i) The teacher said to her, "Spell the
        word 'naughty'."
       Ans : The teacher told her to spell the
       word 'naughty'.

       (ii) He said to me, "May God bless
        you."
       Ans : He prayed that God might  bless
       me.

       (iii) Ramen asked him when he would
       pay the debt.
       Ans : Ramen said to him, "When will
       you pay the debt?"

       (iv) The woman asked me whether I
       had passed the HSLC Test
       Examination.
       Ans : The woman said to me, "Have
       you passed the HSLC Test
       Examination?"

14. (i) He said to me, "I was not present
       in the meeting last Sunday."
       Ans : He told me that he had not been
       present in the meeting last Sunday.

       (ii) She said to us, "Good morning, my
       friends."
       Ans : Addressing us as her friends,
       she wished us good morning.

       (iii) Father asked me why I had gone
       to school the day before.
       Ans : Father said to me, "Why did you
       not go to school yesterday?"

      (iv) My friends suggested to me that
       we should arrange a picnic the
       following week.
       Ans : My friends said to me, " Let us
       arrange a picnic the followin week."

15. (i) I said to him, "Can you lend me ten
       rupees?"
       Ans : I asked him if he could lend me
       ten rupees.

      (ii) The teacher wished that God
       might bless me.
       Ans : The teacher said, "May God
       bless you."

       (iii) My friend said to me, "Let us go
       for a picnic."
       Ans : My friend suggested to me that
       we should go for a picnic.

       (iv) The boys said that they were
       playing.
       Ans : The boys said, "We are playing."

16.  (i) My friend said to me, "I bought the
       car yesterday."
       Ans : My friend told me that he had
       bought the car the day before.

       (ii) I said to my wife, "Let us enjoy the
       evening in the park."
       Ans : I suggested to my wife that we
       should enjoy the evening in the park.

       (iii) He asked me when I had gone
       there.
       Ans : He said to me, "When did you
       go there?"

       (iv) The members of the party prayed
       that their leader might live long.
       Ans : The members of the party said,
       "May our leader live long."

17.  (i) He said to me, "I know you."
       Ans : He told me that he knew me.

       (ii) The teacher advised the students
       to be kind to the poor.
       Ans : The teacher said to the
       students, "Be kind to the poor."

       (iii) Anil said to him, "What is your
       name?"
       Ans : Anil asked him what his name
       was.

18.  (i) Crito said to Socrates, "Is there
       anything else?"
       Ans : Crito asked Socrates if there
       was anything else.

       (ii) "May the gods help me in my
       journey from this to that other world,"
       said Socrates.
       Ans : Socrates prayed that the gods
       might help him in his journey from
       this to that other world.

19.  (i) He said to us, "Did you finish the
        sums?"
       Ans : He asked us if we had finished
       the sums.

       (ii) "Let us have a talk," he said to
       them.
       Ans : He suggested to them that they
       should have a talk.

       (iii) The man said with pride that he
       was very clever.
       Ans : The man said, "How clever I
       am !"

       (iv) They told us that we should meet
       them.
       Ans : They said to us, " You should
       meet us."

20.  (i) He said, "What a beautiful picture
        it is!"
       Ans : He cried out in surprise that it
       was a very beautiful picture.

       (ii) She asked me where I was
       going.
       Ans : She said to me, "Where are you
       going?"

       (iii) He said to me, "Don't do it."
       Ans : He told me not to do that.

21.  (i) The man said to me, ""I do not
        know you."
        Ans: The man told me that he did not
        know me.

        (ii) I asked the boy if he had
        answered all the questions.
        Ans : I said to the boy, "Have you
        answered all the questions?"

        (iii) The girl said to me, "I do not
        know how to swim."
        Ans : The girl told me that she did not
        know how to swim.

        (iv) The examiner asked me if I was a
        regular student.
        Ans : The examiner said to me, "Are
        you a regular student?'

22.  (i) Mother said to us, "Always speak
        the truth."
        Ans : Mother advised us to speak the
        truth always.

        (ii) The old man said that I might
        prosper in life.
        Ans : The old man said, "May you
        prosper in life."

        (iii)The teacher said, 'Fortune favours
        the brave."
        Ans : The teacher said that fortune
        favours the brave.

        (iv) The man asked me what my
        name was.
        Ans :The man said to me, "What is
        your name?"

23.  (i) The teacher wished that God
        might bless me.
        Ans : The teacher said, "May God
        bless you."

        (ii) The teacher said, "Have you all
        understood the question?"
        Ans : The teacher asked if I had
        understood all the question.

        (iii) He said, "Good bye, my
        friend."
        Ans : He bade his friends good bye.

        (iv) The teacher said to me, "Don't
        ask such a silly question?"
        Ans :The teacher told me not to ask
        such a silly question.

24.  (i) He said, "This book costs ruppes
        twenty."
        Ans : He said that that book costed
        rupees twenty.

        (ii) Raju asked me if that was my
        pen.
        Ans : Raju said to me, "Is this your
        pen.?"

        (iii) Mr Dutta bade his friends good
        bye.
        Ans : Mr Dutta said, "Good bye, my
        friends."

25.  (i) The teacher said to us, "You
        should keep strict discipline to
        prosper in life."
        Ans : The teacher told us that we
        should keep strict discipline to
        prosper in life.

        (ii) The girl exclaimed with surprise
        that it was a very big and black
        snake.
        Ans : The girl said, "How much big
        and black snake it is!"

        (iii) He told us that his father had
        been suffering from fever for a long
        month.
        Ans : He said to us, "My father has
        been suffering from fever for a long
        month."

26.  (i) My friend said, "If you behave like
        this, I will leave your company."
        Ans : My friend said that if I behaved
        like that, he would leave my
        company.

        (ii) I said, "I shall not do anything that
        may offend you."
        Ans : I said that I would not do
        anything that might offend him.

Assamese Grammar :-
         বিপৰীত শব্দ
         সমাস
         সন্ধি

Hindi Grammar :
         विपरीतार्थक या विलोम शब्द

English Grammar :
          Vocabulary (i)
          Vocabulary (ii)
          Preposition (i)
          Preposition (ii)
          Determiner (i)
          Determiner (ii)
          Narration (i)
          Narration (ii)        
          Voice for class 9 (i)
          Tense Form.
          Synthesis/Combine Sentence (i)
          Synthesis/Combine Sentence (ii)
          Reading comprehension
                    1. The great advantage of
                       early ..........

Post a Comment

18 Comments

Debashish ghosh said…
Sir Narration r additional question r first partor khini jadi pare please dibo
Unknown said…
Sir sentence correction of question Bank 2019 please

Horeram Tanti said…
It will be published shortly
Unknown said…
Sir (5) and : He asked me why I had done that. hobo naki.
sir, 11(iii) tu diya kio nai?
sir, 12(ii) She said to me,"Can you show him the way to the post office?" hbo lagisil niki??

please reply!!
Horeram Tanti said…
তুমি ঠিকেই কৈছা। তোমাৰটো শুদ্ধ হৈছে। বেগাই লিখাৰ বাবেই ভূলটো হ'ল।
Horeram Tanti said…
মোৰ কিতাপখনত নাই। পাৰিলে প্ৰশ্নটো পঠিয়াই দিয়াচোন।
Horeram Tanti said…
নাই তেনেকুৱা নহ'ব।
11.
(iii) He said,"what a fool i am!"
kio sir?? question tut sun him diya ase..
Unknown said…
Sir,He said to his friends,"Good bye". Ai2 r Indirect narration ki hobo
Unknown said…
He bade Good bye. hobo nki
Unknown said…
12(ii) :- him nohobo nki her hobo lagisil nki sir
Unknown said…
Sir prile class 10 english mediun or Advanced geography notes burr dbo xnn
Unknown said…
Sir lstr xni olp important asl xaixini ktiya dbo