Class 7 | Scholar's JUNIOR ENGLISH GRAMMAR AND COMPOSITION | SECTION II | Unit II | Chapter 22 : THE INFINITIVE AND THE IMPERATIVE | Page 158 - 159

EXERCISE

Exercise 1. Underline infinitives in the following sentences:
1. David always tries to find fault with others.
2. To speak the truth is a virtue.
3. It is a crime to cheat others.
4. He appears to be rude.
5. To forgive is divine.
6. It is time to take tea.
7. The ship is about to sail.
8. Fetch me water to drink.
9. I am very glad to see you.
10. Bob ran fast to catch the bus.
11. We went to see a show.
12. This water is not fit to drink.




Exercise 2. Fill up each blank with a suitable infinitive:
1. Our teacher advised us to speak the truth.
2. My mother forbade me to tell lies.
3. I promise to help you in every way.
4. The old man is about to die.
5. It is a sin to break God's laws.
6. I do not fear to go there.
7. We hope to success in our efforts.
8. It is time to go bed.
9. I went to the market to buy a new book.
10. To forgive is a great virtue.
11. Teach me how to do such sums.
12. To walk is a good habit.
13. To live sincerely is a very great value.
14. Who does not want to live long?


Exercise 3. Complete the following sentences:
1. There is much money for me to buy a bicycle.
2. The old man was too old to walk.
3. The shirt is too tight to put on.
4. Sarita worked hard to pass the exam.
5. It is time to go home.
6. I tried my best to perform my duties.
7. It is kind of you to help me.
8. To get up late is a fault.
9. To err is human; to forgive is God.
10. They tried hard to aware others.

📖 Chp 1. The Alphabet
📖 Chp 5. Parts of Speech
📖 Chp 11. The Pronoun
📖 Chp 13. Specific Determiners
📖 Chp 14. General Determiners
📖 Chp 15. The Adjective
📖 Chp 16. Degree of Comparison
📖 Chp 17. The Verb
📖 Chp 18. The Tense
📖 Chp 19. The Present Tense
📖 Chp 20. The Past Tense Part 2
📖 Chp 20. The Past Tense Part 3
📖 Chp 20. The Past Tense Part 4

👉 To Join This Grammar Group, Type SJEGC and send to Whatsapp no 7637961778

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Unknown said…
Where is class class 8 grammar?